Sometime today, Xiaomi is expected to officially unveil the next version of its NFC-enabled Smart Band, the Smart Band 7 NFC (see how that works?). A leaked photo of the wearable’s box helps fill in the blanks when it comes to specs. For example, thanks to the picture of the box, we know that the Smart Band 7 will have a battery of 180 mAh. That’s a nice 44% increase in battery capacity over last year’s model.
- An AMOLED display that is 3.85% larger than last year’s screen at 1.62 inches.
- More than 100 sports modes.
- Sp02 monitor that reads your blood oxygen saturation levels to make sure you have the right amount of oxygen in your blood.
- Waterproof to 50 meters (164 feet).
- Professional sleep recording.
- Xiao AI Voice Assistant
- Multifunctional NFC
- 180mAh battery
- Support System: Android 6.0 or iOS 10.0 and above.
The box does not contain any rumored specifications for the Smart Band 7, such as support for more than 100 watch faces and GPS.
Leaked photo of the back of the box for the Xiaomi Smart Band 7 NFC
For example, in the fourth quarter of 2021, Apple shipped nearly 60 million Apple Watch units with Xiaomi a distant second. The latter group shipped 14.6 million Smart Band 6 devices this quarter.
With the NFC support, the wearable band can help make mobile payments for compatible stores right from the user’s wrist.
Front of the box for the Xiaomi Smart Band 7 NFC