Initially launched in Europe, Withings’ ScanWatch Horizon smartwatch has finally hit the shelves of the United States. Unlike most of its previous connected health products, the ScanWatch Horizon can be considered a luxury wearable device, not only because of its higher price, but also because of the rare components used in its manufacture. The ScanWatch Horizon has a sapphire crystal housing with anti-reflection coating and a luxurious finish. The smartwatch comes with a stainless steel rotating bezel with laser-engraved markings, in addition to Luminova hollow hands, indicators and thick indexes that allow it to be used in low-light conditions.
While advertised as a health-focused smartwatch, the ScantWatch Horizon is also perfect for divers. It has a water resistance of 10 ATM, making it suitable for swimming, snorkeling and water sports. Not to mention that users can track all sports activities through the connected Health Mate app. The smartwatch allows users to take an EKG even underwater.
Here are the main highlights of Withings’ ScanWatch Horizon luxury smartwatch:
- Clinically Validated Detection of Atrial Fibrillation by ECG
- Heart rate scan every 10 minutes with a PPG sensor
- Clinically Validated SpO2
- Automatic activity tracking (walking, running, swimming, distance and calories burned)
- Training mode with up to 30 activities (measurement of distance, pace and altitude)
- Fitness Level Assessment with VO2 Max
- Sleep monitoring (length, quality, sleep phases)
- Smart smartphone notifications
- Altimeter registers floors traveled
- Water resistant up to 10 ATM
- Up to 30 days of battery life
As of today, the ScanWatch Horizon is available for purchase online at: Withings.com† Amazonand Best Buy for $500. Customers can choose from a 43mm screen in blue or green. It is also important to mention that the ScanWatch Horizon has a 5 year warranty and comes with both a stainless steel wristband and an FKM band.