Windows 11 Build 25120 is now available in Dev Channel and contains no groundbreaking features, but does support a new experimental ‘search bar’ that appears on the desktop. Build 25120 is apparently part of next year’s feature update codenamed “Sun Valley 3”, version 23H2.
As mentioned before, Windows 11 Build 25120 is not a major release, but there are several quality improvements and bug fixes. For example, there’s a new experimental feature that lets you explore Bing web search right from the desktop.
Microsoft previously stated that Dev Channel is now eligible for new features and experiences that may never be released. That’s because Microsoft wants to try it out
“Getting different concepts and feedback”. In this particular preview build, the widgets panel search bar is now accessible on the desktop.
You can remove the search box from the desktop by right-clicking on the desktop and then you need to enable the ‘Show search’ option in the ‘Show more options’ option of the context menu.
“We’re excited to hear your feedback on this interaction model, so please use the Feedback Hub to provide feedback if you receive this experiment,” Microsoft said.
Improvements and fixes for Windows 11 Build 25120
Windows 11’s new Suggested Actions feature has been updated again and suggestions for more date and time formats now appear. For those who don’t know, Windows 11’s suggested action makes it easy to perform tasks by recommending apps based on the selected texts.
For example, if you select a date in the Teams app, you will be recommended to open Outlook Calendar. The preview update also improves the overall performance and reliability of the feature.
Other solutions in Windows 11 Build 25120:
- Microsoft has fixed an issue that could cause the Settings app to crash.
- Microsoft improves Wi-Fi network performance after enabling Wi-Fi through the Wi-Fi section of Quick Settings.
- Microsoft has fixed an issue that caused unreadable text on the Performance page.
- Microsoft has fixed an issue that could cause Windows Update to fail.
- Microsoft has fixed a bug that causes stuttering in the progress wheel animation.
Microsoft is aware of a known issue where games using Easy Anti-Cheat could crash or cause your PC to be checked for errors. Likewise, there is another bug that prevents live captions from being visible.
How do I install Windows 11 Build 25120
Until install Windows 11 Build 25120Follow these steps:
- Sign up for Windows Insiders Program†
- Open the Settings page†
- Switch to the V Channel†
- Click on “Check for updates” and select “Download and install†
- Click on “Restart now†