The long-awaited budget The Google Pixel 6a phone took center stage at the I/O conference keynote, along with a Google Pixel 7 shoutout, and the folks at Mountain View shared some intimate Pixel 6a specs and feature details that differ from the rumors floating around. before the announcement.
Google Pixel 6a price and release date
- Price: $449
- Preorders: July 21
- Release: July 28
- Three colors: charcoal, chalk and sage
- Pixel 6a country availability: Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Taiwan, United Kingdom, United States
Pixel 6a colors
The Pixel 6a was rumored to be released in the summer, most likely in July, quite a bit after the announcement, and those rumors came out as a July 21 pre-order date for Pixel 6a and a Pixel 6a release on July 28.
New Pixel 6a camera features
- Improved Magic Eraser changes the colors of distracting objects
- night vision
- real tone
As expected, the Google Pixel 6a uses a camera setup very similar to its predecessor, including a 12.2MP main camera and a 12MP ultra-wide camera, but the new Tensor chipset coming straight from the Pixel 6 series will make a difference with its advanced image processing subsystem.
The Pixel 5a’s specs include a 12MP wide/16MP ultra-wide camera setup, while this kit above has another 12MP ultra-wide camera sensor with much larger individual pixels that could allow more light to enter.
Google Pixel 6a specs at a glance
- 6.1-inch 1080p 60Hz display
- Google Tensor GS101 processor
- 6GB RAM/128GB storage
- 4410mAh battery
- 30W charging speed
- 12.2 MP main camera with Sony IMX363 1/2.55″ image sensor, 1.4 μm pixel, ƒ/1.7 aperture, 77° field of view
- 12 MP ultra-wide camera with Sony IMX386 sensor, 1.25 m pixels, ƒ/2.2 aperture, 114° field of view
- 8MP front camera with IMX355 sensor (from Pixel 6)
- Dimensions 152.2 x 71.8 x 8.9mm
Design and display of Google Pixel 6a
Well, the new Pixel 6a design looks exactly like it did in the coloring book, with a page from the outside of the Pixel and 6 Pro. Google is trying something signature in its budget phone A-line, a design that will be instantly recognizable and carry the brand with it like an iPhone notch.
The Pixel 6a cameras and associated paraphernalia such as a flash and sensors are nested in a strip on the back that asymmetrically splits the two-tone Charcoal, Chalk and Sage body.
Pixel 6a design
Contents of the Pixel 6a box
Second, the “strap” is unique to look at and fits the back without sticking out like a sore, er, thumb, even though it IS raised. Third, it’s a design playground, as there can now be countless two- and three-color combinations of the Pixel 6a to keep the look fresh and keep us entertained. Kudos to Google and the designers it poached when it bought HTC.