The Nord CE 2 is OnePlus’ latest mid-range smartphone, and while the device looks great in terms of specs, it has one drawback: Android 11. While it hit the shelves earlier this year, OnePlus decided to go for Android 11 instead of the latest version of Google’s operating system.
The lack of Android 12 may have been a deal breaker for many, but that’s about to change, because OnePlus is now rolling out the first OxygenOS 12 Open Beta, based on Android 12. The upgrade is only available for OnePlus Nord 2 CE devices running on OxygenOS build A.13, and includes the following changes:
- Optimized desktop icons with improved textures, using a design inspired by brand new materials and uniting lights and layers
- Optimized AI system booster to 2.1 to keep the system running smoothly even when the load is high
- Optimized software algorithm and improved facial recognition to better identify the features and skin color of various figures
- Newly added three adjustable levels, for a more personalized and comfortable user experience
- Newly added card style options, making data content more visual and easier to read
- Newly added access to OnePlus Scout in Shelf, allowing you to search multiple content on your phone, including apps, settings, media data, etc.
- Newly added OnePlus Watch Card in shelf, to easily glance at your health status
work life balance
- Newly added Work Life Balance feature, which allows you to effortlessly switch between Work and Life modes via quick settings
- Newly supported automatic work/life mode switching based on specific locations, Wi-Fi network and time, also with custom app notification profiles according to the personalization
- Newly supported switching between different layouts with a two-finger pinch, intelligently recognizing the best quality photos and cropping the thumbnail according to the content, making the gallery layout more enjoyable
- Newly added different styles of lines and colors, for a more personalized lock screen experience with inspiring images
- Newly added multiple brushes and strokes and color matching support
Before launching the new open beta of Android 12, keep in mind that some features may not work as they should. For example, no location information is available in the video details. Also, the time is displayed abnormally on AOD and the sound may not play when connected to wireless earphones in the app cloner version of WhatsApp.
If you think you can handle the task, you can manually OnePlus Nord CE 2 to Android 12 by following the guide posted on the OnePlus Forums.