Windows 10 ISO images (version 21H2 / Update November 2021) can be downloaded from Microsoft’s website.
Windows 10 ISO with the latest cumulative update applied is available in all editions, languages and two formats (64-bit and 32-bit), the tech giant said.
Windows 10 version 21H2 update was released in November 2021 and Microsoft has confirmed that the update is now generally available. This means that most users will see it when they manually check for updates. If you don’t see the update, you can download ISOs of Windows 10 (version 21H2) to immediately update devices or perform a clean install.
To download the Windows 10 November 2021 Update ISO file (version 21H2) from Microsoft’s website, you have two options: change your browser’s user agent to get direct downloads or try Media Creation Tool.
Direct download Windows 10 21H2 ISO files from Microsoft
For those who need the ISO image immediately, follow the guide to direct download links (valid for all editions) to download Windows 10 November 2021 Update:
- Windows 10 21H2 English (all editions) 64-bit – 5.8 GB.
- Windows 10 21H2 English (all editions) 32-bit – 3.9 GB.
The links generated by Microsoft servers will automatically expire 24 hours after they are created and it is recommended to complete the download within a day by following the steps below.
In this guide, we will highlight step-by-step instructions to download Windows 10 ISO files and apply the upgrade manually.
Download Windows 10 ISO with the latest updates
Use these steps to download the latest Windows 10 ISO:
- Open the default web browser. In this guide we use Chromium (Chrome)
- In Chromium (Chrome, Edge, etc.), click the three-dot menu (…).
- click on More tools†
- click on Developer Tools†
- This will open the developer window on the right.
- Go to Microsoft’s download Center with the developer window open.
- In the developer window, click the three-dot menu (…).
- In the Network Terms pane, search for user-agent.
- Disable the automatic user agent selection.
- Select mobile browser by clicking “Custom…”.
- For example, you can select “Chrome iPad” or “Chrome Android”.
- You must select a mobile device as your user agent, because Microsoft only offers the media files when the website is opened on a non-Windows 10 device.
- Press CTRL + F5 to open the download center in your new user agent. Do not close the developer window.
- If you followed the steps correctly, you will see the “Download Windows 10 Disk Image (ISO file)page.
- Below ‘Select edition‘, select ‘Windows 10 November 2021 Update†
- Select the language for your ISO.
- Select 32-bit or 64-bit. This makes a pretty big difference, so you have to be careful before downloading the files. You can check the configuration via Settings > System > About.
You need to follow these steps because Microsoft’s Download Center is designed to force Media Creation Tool when the website is opened on a Windows 10 PC.
When you follow the steps above, make your web browser act as if you were using a different operating system. Therefore, if you refresh the page in the browser after changing the user agent, Microsoft’s site will provide you with the Windows 10 ISO instead of the Media Creation Tool.
If you followed the steps correctly, the download of the media images will start and you can safely close the developer window.
Method 2: Use the Media Creation Tool to Create an ISO
The Windows 10 Media Creation Tool is also a great way to reinstall the operating system and it can download the necessary files from Microsoft.
Follow these steps to download ISO with Media Creation Tool:
- On Windows 10, download the media creation tool from Microsoft’s website (under the Windows 10 installation media section). It’s not a big download and it won’t be long before it’s done
- After downloading, open the Media creation tool to upgrade the current installation or create a bootable flash drive.
- Click Yes and give it a few minutes to prepare the PC.
- Read the license agreement and click the To accept knob.
- When you’re done, you’ll see the “Prepare a few things” screen on your PC.
- On the next screen, you can either upgrade the PC directly or create installation media (ISO file) for another PC.
- Select the Create installation media and click Next one knob.
- Select language† architectureand Windows edition for your ISO image.
- Below “Choose which media you want to use“, select the ISO file option and press Next one† If you want to create a bootable USB drive, select the first option instead.
- Select a location to save your ISO file and click the Save button.
- Once the download is complete, you can close the tool with Media Creation Tool by clicking the Finish button.
How to use Windows 10 ISO file
Windows 10 21H2 ISO files can be used in several ways. If the Media Creation Tool and other programs do not work, you can use it to manually install the latest operating system update without losing files/apps.
Before you get started with the media file, you need to know how it works.
An ISO image contains the Windows 10 installation files with the latest cumulative and feature updates.
On Windows 10, there are many tools to open these media files. However, you can always use File Explorer, which comes with built-in functionality to mount ISO natively without the need for additional third-party software.
Follow these steps to update your device to Windows 10 version 21H2 using ISO files:
- Open File Explorer.
- Browse to the Downloads folder where the ISO image is located.
- Double click “Win10_21H2_v2_English_x64.iso” file to mount it.
- Double click in the folder Setup.exe†
- Accept the terms and conditions.
- Click Upgrade this PC.
- The tool will now start checking for quality updates, such as drivers or cumulative updates, and download it automatically.
- Select the option Keep personal files, programs, and apps. You will be given options to keep everything, but you can choose to keep nothing at all and do a fresh install.
- Once you are sure of the selections, click “Install” or “Next” and the Windows 10 installation process will begin.
Windows 10’s Setup.exe and Media Creation Tool are the two easiest ways to complete the installation of a feature update. Windows Update and Update Assistant Tools can sometimes lag behind when rolling out newer versions, but it doesn’t stop when you manually download the update.
ISO file is also perfect if you want to clean up operating system or build USB flash drive to install Windows 10 on another machine.
How big is the November 2021 update?
In our testing, we determined that the size of the Windows 10 21H2 ISO is 5.8 GB, meaning it should not be downloaded on a metered/limited data connection. If you’re using your phone, make sure you have at least six gigabytes of data.
It is also worth noting that the links expire after 24 hours and the download will not resume.
As always, you can skip the hassle of the media files and download/install Windows 10 November 2021 Update using Windows Update Settings or Update Assistant. This process is faster when you run the May 2021 Update (version 21H1) because the update is based on the activation package.